Anyone else catch the obvious reference to Aleister Crowley in Bill Nye's "Sex Junk" video?

Discussion in 'Alternative Thought Forum' started by Horus, May 2, 2017.

1. Horus

Horus Guest

Original Poster

In the lyrics, we hear the words "just do what feels right..."

Compare this to Aleister Crowley's Law of Thelema, which is, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Isn't this kind of what animals do? They kind of do whatever they feel like without thinking about it, just following their own animalistic instincts...

It has been argued that the philosophical tenets of "Do what thou wilt" are complex and do not actually refer to hedonism. Having said that, sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. Crowley, who called himself the "Great Beast 666" led a very hedonistic life, by doing whatever he wanted, supposedly in pursuit of spiritual enlightenment.

How does any of this relate to gender? Behold, the alchemical androgyne!

[​IMG]

Note that in esoteric traditions, "androgyne" is different and distinct from a "hermaphrodite." The term "hermaphrodite" comes to us from Greek mythology which references a legendary amalgamation of Hermes and Aphrodite.

The alchemical androgyne is an occult symbol of humanity before the fall (re: Garden of Eden), when we were spiritually perfect. Certain Western religious traditions call this our "glorious body." It was trying to show that both masculine and feminine essences were in perfect balance back then. After the fall, we became unbalanced with men losing their femininity and women losing their masculinity.

This is a very interesting spiritual concept, but I personally don't believe it applies to the material sense. This is transhumanism and it's being pushed by people like Lady Gaga. And we're being told by liberals on the left that this is to be totally acceptable, normal and right.

In reality, I think we are being led down the garden path. Much like GMO and other things mankind has been tampering with, I really don't believe humanity is in any position to be playing God and fooling around with His good work...