New to O3P? Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Forum' started by Aristarchus, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Aristarchus

Aristarchus Candidate Administrator

Original Poster
    +8
    If this is your first visit to O3P, welcome to our forum!

On Three Points is a relatively new discussion forum. Technically, we first went online in March of 2015, but over the past two years, we've been mostly concentrating on trying to build an interesting and unique forum experience for our users with lots of cool features.

Although the site still isn't 100% at the point where we want it to be, we're excited to say that we're nearly there. Since we spent the majority of our time working on the infrastructure of the Web site, we really didn't have much time to concentrate on building an actual community. This will explain the lack of replies to many of our threads.

Even if you don't feel like joining or participating in the discussions, please at least bookmark us and check back often to see if we can actually get off the ground. As you might imagine, starting a brand new site is fairly difficult these days. We are buried in the major search engines' search results, so we've just recently launched an ad campaign to try and attract some new members to our site.

While there's no guarantee our community will ever be large, we do hope that there will be intelligent, fascinating and thought-provoking discussions here very soon.

All I can ask is that you please be patient with us because we are trying very hard to attract new visitors. If you are wondering why you should be part of a forum community instead of just sticking with something like a Facebook group, remember that with forums, you have the freedom to discuss sensitive or controversial information about conspiracy theories, UFOs, the paranormal or whatever else without using your real name. Posting under a screen name means you can't get attacked and ostracized by your friends and family for having a different opinion. And these kinds of discussions are extremely important, especially in today's world of easily offended, ultra-sensitive people.

If you've been lurking for a while but haven't made any posts yet, please consider this your invitation. Why not start by replying here to introduce yourself?

2. Jay Rogers

Jay Rogers Guest

I've been a UFO enthusiast since the mid 70's. I lived near Jesse Marcel in Louisiana and I was a cameraman on the TV show "Sightings in the 90's. I'm interested in forming a group in South Louisiana on UFO events. If there is anyone who can show me how to find people nearby with same interests, I would appreciate it.

3. Helios

Helios Neophyte Premium Member

Welcome, Jay! That is awesome! "Sightings" and "Unsolved Mysteries" were probably my two favorite shows back in the 90s. For anyone who might never have heard of Sightings, this was the show's intro:

It's tough finding people that have similar interests in UFOs and the like, especially if you live in a small town. But I would think even in big cities, finding other UFO enthusiasts might be difficult. Have you tried starting a Meetup.com group? I'm not sure how Meetup works, and I think you might have to pay to start a group. But if that's something you really want to do and you think you might meet some new people that way, it might be worth a shot.

Where I live, there have never been any kind of UFO events or even little meetup groups. The best we have is metaphysical/holistic/yoga show that comes by once a year where people can sell books, crystals, incense and stuff like that.

Although, I have to say that even though I'm in a really small town, there is a local astronomy club that from what I hear, will teach you everything you could possibly need to know about how to use a telescope and how to do astrophotography and all that. I think I may actually join that club this summer.

As far as me, well I joined when On Three Points was first launched. I think that was during the very first ad campaign you guys ran. I've stuck around all this while and I'm still glad to share interesting things I find from across the Internet, even if my threads don't get a lot of views lol.

4. boreancalling

boreancalling Pawn

Hi my name is Rodney.

I came across this forum by coincidence. I was looking for conspiracy blogs.

I have an alternative news/spirituality blog, the Borean Calling which got removed by youtube last wednesday, I'm in the process of rebuilding it.

The following video is an example of what Borean Calling is about:

Borean Calling youtube channel
    Borean Calling

5. Aristarchus

Original Poster
    +8

Hey Rodney,

You've got some great stuff there! Feel free to share your videos on the forum whenever you have something new.

Just out of curiosity, why did YouTube take down your channel??

boreancalling likes this.
  6. Christian

Christian Knight Moderator

@boreancalling

That video was amazing! I want to encourage people to what the entire video, but I was honestly COMPLETELY blown away at the 7 minute mark!

I have heard stories about history not being what we think it is, particularly when it comes to all the changes that occurred with the different calendars. But I can honestly say I've never heard of anything like this before!

This is some incredible research on your part. Yes, please share more of your work with us!

And I'm also curious about why YouTube was taking your videos down. This one video had some top-notch research in it (you also had me laughing pretty good at the last few seconds LOL). I saw nothing that would warrant the video being offensive or whatever.

The censorship I keep hearing about online is getting out of hand...

boreancalling likes this.
  7. boreancalling

boreancalling Pawn

The last thing I uploaded before the channel got removed was a video with a pizzagate whistleblower interview. So I am staying away from that for a bit

8. CamoDude9

CamoDude9 Pawn

Hello everyone! I've been studying and investigating paranormal and Fortean subjects since I was 7/8 years old. That's 35 years now. I have a collection of thousands of books on the various topics but to be honest my main interest is in the UFO phenomenon. I'm familiar with most cases that have been put to print. I look forward to exchanging info and ideas with like minded individuals and thank you for the welcome. Cheers everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Melt

Melt Pawn

Hello :) I've recently become very intrigued by conspiracy theories and have also started becoming more attune to the sketchiness of our government/media coverage. The future of this country is very worrisome for me so I searched for forums regarding conspiracies and government and came across this forum. I hope in using this site I'll be able to better understand what's really going on and what I should be paying attention to.

10. Aristarchus

Original Poster
    +8
    Welcome, CamoDude9!

UFOs are one of my favorite topics, as well!

Last summer, we began taking videos of the night sky with an 80mm zoom lens and a night vision scope. We managed to catch quite a few interesting objects moving across the sky. A lot of people have criticized the videos, saying that the objects are satellites, birds and insects.

One of these days, we're going to make a video to show people exactly what owls, moths and satellites look like with the night vision camera. I don't think most of the commenters realize just how high up some of these objects really were.

We made three videos in total last summer. Here is one of them:

CamoDude9 likes this.
  11. Aristarchus

Original Poster
    +8
    Welcome, Melt, and thanks for joining!

Yes, the world is changing rapidly. There are a lot of moving parts and it's very hard to keep up. Obviously, you can't believe everything you hear and read on the Internet, but it's good to pay attention and keep up-to-date with all the crazy things going on in the world.

12. CamoDude9

CamoDude9 Pawn

Thanks so much! What a great video as well! The world is so full of secrets. This version of competent beings are just beginning to understand some of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. david n chance

david n chance Pawn

hi, chancy spook from T town , love all from supernatural to ufo's and paranormal , glad to be here !!!!

14. MelonRealized

MelonRealized Pawn Premium Member

+2
    Finally a place I can call home. Ignore the "Fake News", through exhaustive research and great personal risk I will lay bare the unvarnished evidence. Truth is stranger than fiction, prepare for the strange!

15. Bella

Bella Pawn

Hi,
    I came across this through You tube finally i found a place i wanted to be in but not exactly. From childhood ive been reading a lot on theories,UFO,paranormal and stuff and i want to get to the depths of this. Can anybody let me know what i should take up as in studying senses to cover UFO, PARANORMAL AND THESE OLD HISTORY AND ANCIENT STUFF BASICALLY STRANGE STUFF . Is there anything I can do to take this up as a career??? :) suggestions welcome :)

16. Hey wahts up i camz from da /r/dogecoinz

17. Aristarchus

Original Poster
    +8
    Hi Bella, and welcome to the forum! Sorry for the late reply, but we hope you enjoy your stay here.

There are tons of books and documentaries on YouTube about UFOs, the paranormal, ancient mysteries. Is there any particular topic you're interested in specifically, like the Phoenix Lights or Roswell?

And to answer your question about taking up this stuff as a career...well, I suppose you can become an author or give presentations to the public if you study and become well-versed in some of these topics. But I wouldn't count on giving up your day job lol. I think I once heard that people like us suffer from "philosopher's disease" which basically means that since we spend so much time reading and studying (and because most corporations don't hire on a full-time philsopher), not many of us have much material wealth.

I'd say to try and do what you love and are passionate about and try not to focus on the money too much. Watch this short video from Alan Watts...

18. Aristarchus

Original Poster
    +8
    Well hey there, chancy spook from T town! Man I'm really sorry for the late reply, but if you love the supernatural and paranormal, you've come to the right place. Thanks for signing up!

19. Aristarchus

Original Poster
    +8
    Awesome! Thanks for joining the forum and thanks also for the advice.

So, do you like our little Doge setup? Like I mentioned in the FAQ post, the system is a little crude and there's not a whole lot of major functionality (i.e. automation), but I personally really like Dogecoin and if other people start to enjoy tipping on the forum, maybe we can make it a little more advanced down the road.