The King James Version of the Bible is Published

Discussion in 'Alternative Thought Forum' started by Christian, May 2, 2017.

1. Christian

Christian Knight Moderator

Original Poster
    +47
    On this day in history, May 2, 1611...

The King James Version was published in London, England, which was authorized by King James I. The translation is noted for its "majesty of style" and has been described as one of the most important books in English culture. It served as a replacement for the two previous English versions of the Bible, the Great Bible, commissioned in the reign of King Henry VIII (1535), and the Bishops' Bible of 1568. The New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament from Hebrew and Aramaic, and the Apocrypha from Greek and Latin by a committee of 47 scholars. While there appears to be no official mention of contributions made by Sir Francis Bacon, numerous clues have led some to suggest that the King James Version was at least edited by Bacon (or Shakespeare, if you believe the Bacon is William Shakespeare theory). For example, the literary style of certain verses appears to be unmistakably "Baconian." In addition, some have pointed to the illustrations of the 1611 copy which seem to shows symbols of a Freemasonic and Rosicrucian influence.

CamoDude9 likes this.
  2. CamoDude9

CamoDude9 Pawn

I think a case could be made that the person known as Shakespeare could have, in fact, been Christopher Marlowe but that's insignificant. Good post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk